Tuesday, June 2, 2015

peony moon



As the sun rises higher, the house gets darker. I never really noticed this change in light until a few years ago when I started taking more photos. I like it though, it's easier to pretend it's not so hot when the light is dim.

The peonies. They have something in common with the lilacs this year, yes they do -- these Sarah Bernhardts have endured snowstorms, rainstorms and hailstorms -- and still pushed bud into bloom in record numbers. They are the shaggiest, cuddliest flowers.

The other day I sorted through the thread nest to find green threads of various shade and size for the woven cloth. But I see one red thread in the photo, it must have been too dark to see right.

The little calendar/moon cloth was part of 2013's moon stitch ritual -- when its month rolls along, each little moon cloth gets to come hang out again. I was struck by how nicely the June cloth coordinates with the card I drew on the last new moon -- the tower. Some people don't like to draw this card because it looks scary plus the meaning is one of change which can be uncomfortable. Other aspects are an inner awakening and clearing out old patterns and obstacles. All of which can only be a good thing, in my case.

Today is a full moon in Sagittarius. It's always nice on the full moon to take notice of that which has come to fruition. I see gardens tidied and planted (mostly), peonies and roses in bloom, newly-planted aspen, spruce and juniper trees -- and the greenest grass ever. And much more.

Full moon, full heart. xo

 

7 comments:

  1. Beautiful pictures! The peonies bring back lots of memories. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brilliant color. Lush in the darker light indoors. A full moon and heart full, yes, too full some times for me. here the sudden shift to chilly 46 degrees and rain has been a time of retreating. I love the June cloth with all those stitches. Haven't done the tarot for decades, my three decks stored in a drawer along with the I-ching reminding me always of the fertile times back then, digging and searching for meaning in the every day of living. Lately I think of who will inherit these remnants of my quest when I am gone, and who would want them in this digital age.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Peonies and lilacs and roses under the full moon..........
    you said it all.........

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love lilacs, their scent is nostalgic of my parents gardens, they always had a lilac wherever we lived. And peonies are always so lush and romantic somehow. That rich shade you have is beautiful!
    I did wonder what you had done with your moon quiltets, how lovely to bring them out each month and enjoy them all over again : )

    ReplyDelete
  5. They are dripping lusciousness & your stitching vibrates with energy and color!

    ReplyDelete
  6. gorgeous colors as always... I look at the cloth and think (only because it's next to The Tower) -- where's the lightening? the falling bodies? It IS a scary card, even if the change it speaks of is necessary, overdue, and ultimately welcome. I'd rather pull Death.

    ReplyDelete
  7. the peonies are just gorgeous. peonies and lilacs are flowers that don't grow well here. i miss seeing them.

    ReplyDelete