Friday, July 31, 2015

bee-full-moon



Today is a blue moon -- the second full moon of the moonth -- not sure that all time zones in all hemispheres consider it so, I think not.

A blue threaded moon pathway is in the works on my stitch ritual cloth. Each moon, becoming more itself.

Things have heated up here. At night the bees sit on their front porch to enjoy lower temperatures just like people do. Inside they are fluttering their wings to ventilate and cool the house down, no small feat for this large of a home. You can hear them, sounds like a fan is running inside. I envision them working in shifts, taking turns sitting on the front porch to cool off.

Last night I made a jar of lemon balm water that kept company with Buddha under the full moon. This moon water is easy to make -- fill a jar at least half full with lemon balm that you have talked or sung to. Then fill with water you have thanked. Infuse under a full moon all night long. Drink. I won't say how you're supposed to feel from this, it's your own fruit to pick, as a certain Bee Teacher says. The white flowers are feverfew, Tanacetum parthenium -- it glows at night.

I'm finally reading The Shamanic Way of the Bee, the first book I bought after the bees came to us four years ago. We were at the bee store frantically picking out a bee house, a bee suit and all the bells & whistles that we would need for them. And I picked this book. I soon learned that what we really needed was a good how-to book, of which we now have several. The Shamanic Way of the Bee by Simon Buxton enchants me -- I'm using my also-four-year-old bee moon as a bookcloth. Staying in character. Will probably have to finally do some stitching on it now too. Everything in its time.

Journal52 Week22's prompt is wings. My take on it was remember your roots, trust your wings...because the blue moon is also the trust moon; I had already drawn a trust oracle card; I like that trust is what comes before knowing; I like wings. I've been finding myself in situations that I want to react and respond to, my work now is to notice these events as they arise and before I react. Each time, becoming more myself.

Thanks for visiting and happy weekending.

8 comments:

  1. Ah, another calming and inspiring post. I have grown into loving the ritual cloth more than I thought I would. I like the idea of pausing and remembering to be more of yourself. Happy days to you too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just now getting caught up...I love this blue moon time and your celebration of it. Big congratulations on the new baby in your family! How lucky they all are to have you as a Grandma!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Blue Moon to you, Peggy! We just went down to the lake to see it & I thought of you. Your moon lines grow more alive with each addition, winding and twisting together & a lovely blue glow in your photos. ox

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh most blue blueness and the ritual of the moon. I can't see it here in the canyons of NYC but I can feel it. Spent my evening at Tibet House US with artists from Tibet and will blog about that tomorrow....Love the glow of feverfew and the odor too. I left many blue moons on Face book but here is one for you and yours:
    Harpo
    https://youtu.be/ZbL8M3wNxLc

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like "trust your wings." Such an important thing, for sure. I have much to learn about moon things; thinking I may learn here.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I need to encourage more feverfew in the garden. Down to just a few plants.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I sat out front in a lawn chair and watched it rise. Sadly, this felt almost radical, it was such a departure from routine!

    I really love the tea recipe. The mystery of it. The slow steep.
    And the cloth! How long it is! Really a delight.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your full moon cloth, the moon paths are wonderful.
    Thank you for the lemon balm recipe, next full moon mine will be brewing.

    ReplyDelete